Nov 18, 2003
Hello dr. Young,
I was wondering if you would be kind enough to tell me when people usually get pharyngitis? It is seen early in an infection, or is it generally seen where people cd4 counts are much lower like in AIDS?
Response from Dr. Young
I don't associate pharyngitis with advanced HIV infection (or AIDS) anymore than in early disease. The exceptions to this, of course, include those persons who have sore throats from thrush or herpes-- both of which are more frequent among persons with lower CD4 counts. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rash After Getting The Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Unprotected Sex Worried About Hiv
- Who Is At Greater Risk To Get Hiv Top Or Bottom Transmission?
- When Should You Take An Hiv Test After Having Unprotected Sex?
- Does Hiv Die When Exposed To Air?
- What Is The Longest It Takes Hiv Antibodies To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.