Once-a-Day Dosing

I just started a regimen of Sustiva, Epivir, and Videx EC. I know that the optimal dosing schedule would be to take the pills at exactly the same time every day (i.e. 24 hours exactly between each dose). But on the limited occasions on which I might need to take a any given day's dose later or earlier, what is the safe window on either side of the 24-hour mark to take the pills so that they still are dependably effective?

Generally, I recommend patients on this regimen to try not to go wait more than 26 hours before taking their next dose (i.e. no more than 2 hours before or after the dose was due). DW

newbie a bit confused, and would really love and value your input
urgency of initial treatment