Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Once-a-Day Dosing
Nov 15, 2003

I just started a regimen of Sustiva, Epivir, and Videx EC. I know that the optimal dosing schedule would be to take the pills at exactly the same time every day (i.e. 24 hours exactly between each dose). But on the limited occasions on which I might need to take a any given day's dose later or earlier, what is the safe window on either side of the 24-hour mark to take the pills so that they still are dependably effective?

Response from Dr. Wohl

Generally, I recommend patients on this regimen to try not to go wait more than 26 hours before taking their next dose (i.e. no more than 2 hours before or after the dose was due). DW

Previous
newbie a bit confused, and would really love and value your input
Next
urgency of initial treatment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.