Nov 15, 2003
I just started a regimen of Sustiva, Epivir, and Videx EC. I know that the optimal dosing schedule would be to take the pills at exactly the same time every day (i.e. 24 hours exactly between each dose). But on the limited occasions on which I might need to take a any given day's dose later or earlier, what is the safe window on either side of the 24-hour mark to take the pills so that they still are dependably effective?
Response from Dr. Wohl
Generally, I recommend patients on this regimen to try not to go wait more than 26 hours before taking their next dose (i.e. no more than 2 hours before or after the dose was due). DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- Do People Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.