|Timeline without treatment
Nov 12, 2003
My brother was diagnosed with hiv in 1995. He has never been on treatment except when he breaks out he'll go to the clinic and get antibiotic. The last time he did go he was told his t-cell count is now at 5. How much time does he have left.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
About as much time as an ostrich with its head in the sand while outside a lion's den. Your brother has waited too long. He needs to get on treatment now. If he does and is as adherent to it and his medical appointments as he was avoidant to these previously he has a chance to do very well. He has an uphill battle but there is hope. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.