|need some direction!
Nov 9, 2003
Do you have many straight individuals on treatment in your practice? I am having trouble meeting them. Most that I come into contact with are gay. Help!
Brian in New York City
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Reflecting where the epidemic is now hitting hardest, I would estimate that just over half of the patients I see in clinic are straight. About a third of our clinic population are women. The proportion of straight people on therapy is not really different.
I would have thought that in NYC you would be well situated to meet all types of people with HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Groin Pain After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.