Understanding the numbers
Nov 7, 2003
First test: viral load 102879 T4 helper: 1032 what does this say ?
Response from Dr. Pierone
The viral load is on the high side since it is over 100,000. The T4 helper is the CD4 count and a reading of 1032 is in the normal range and quite good. We primarily base treatment decisions on the CD4 count and with a normal reading we tend to defer treatment and follow the trend of the viral load and CD4 count over time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will You Contract Hiv By Having Sex With An Hiv Negative Person?
- Will My Husband Get Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Will Hpv 6 And 11 Clear On Their Own?
- Will A Herpes Outbreak Go Away Without Medication?
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
- Which Organs Are Affected By Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.