why isnt combivir reformulated?
Nov 6, 2003
It seems that combivir is one of the most common prescribed medications out there. What is confusing however is why the medication isn't reformulated to or upgraded to take away the troublesome side effects as anemia, vomiting, headaches, and lipoatrophy. Why not?
Response from Dr. Young
A better way to look at your question, is that side effects of drugs are the reason why the pharmaceutical industry develops new products.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How To Have Sex With Hiv Positive Partner Safely?
- Is There A Relation Between Homosexuality And Hiv?
- Will Genital Herpes Cause Shingles?
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Precautions Can You Take If Someone Has Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.