HIV - Baby Can They Convert?
Nov 4, 2003
I am HIV+, unknown when I was infected, found out when my baby was 2. My baby is negative. My husband is negative. I heard today that they are seeing more and more children from HIV+ mothers who test negative at birth convert to being positive when they are around ten years of age...Is there any truth into this. The source was not reliable.
Response from Dr. Pierone
I have never heard of an uninfected child showing signs of infection at age 10 or any age. It just doesn't make sense. Please don't worry.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Origin Of Chlamydia?
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes Igg And Igm?
- What If You Have Sex One Week Before A Herpes Outbreak?
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
- What Is The Quickest Way To Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia In Males
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.