Lab Work in Baltimore

I am in a unique situation here. I am in the Maryland on a temporary work visa. I intend to settle eventually in the US through a work visa.

I know I have been positive for about a year now through heterosex contact. Though iniitial tests - VL and CD4 counts were good and therefore precluded the need to go on meds, i think it is time to get re-checked just to be sure.

My current employment insurance would not cover meds. What options do i have in the state of MD to have the tests done and get a viral load and cd 4 diagnostics... even if I have to pay for it?

thanks - Pino

You should find an HIV specialist and make an appointment to go in and get tested. If it turns out that you need medications plan to cross that bridge when you get to it. The American Academy of HIV Medicine AAHIVM has an HIV provider listing. Good luck!

First labbs after starting treatment
new infection and low Tcells