Stage IV of NHL

First let me thank you in advance for taking time to answer my question.

I've recently been diagnosed with Stage IV NHL. Do people with HIV survive this stage?

Also, do you think if is a good idea to start HIV meds at the same time of my chemo regiment?

Yes and Yes. Most people with HIV present with stage IV disease when they develop Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL). I have seen NHL begin to melt away in some patients started on HIV medications before chemotherapy was even begun. This is not common, but it does indicate that immune control is an important element of treatment of NHL. Especially now that HIV medications are much safer the chance for significant additional toxicity to the chemo is quite low. Also, prognosis of NHL is related to CD4 count, so the higher the better. The prognosis of NHL has improved dramatically in recent years, much more so for persons in your situation nave to HIV medications. Best of luck to you and keep us informed about your progress!

New therapies?
Positive...where now