Keeping the Magic alive.

Hi docs.

I was just curious. Since Magic Johnson of LA Laker fame was one of the first famous people that the public was made aware of as being HIV positive, is it possible that we can find out what ke does to stay healthy (ie. meds, fitness programs, supplements, etc.) I think he is an important figure in this battle and could provide some hope to the hopeless. I have seen him on TV a few times recently and he seems to be going as strong as ever. This may be an impossible request, but my curiousity has gotten the best of me. Thanks.

Dear Bryan,

Much is made of Magic Johnson's seemingly successful and inspirational fight against HIV. While many think he receives special benefits stemming from his wealth, my own suspicion is that he is receiving that which has been proven to offer the greatest chance of long term survival with HIV: potent (approved) HIV therapy coupled with a healthy lifestyle.

I have many people in my clinic who are doing just as well as Magic and most of these folk haven't a fraction of his wealth. DW

please dr. save me
good c4 but high viral load- time to start treatment?