Nov 2, 2003
What new treatments do we have to work towards resolving neuropathy? This still is a major problem of hiv disease and needs not to be forgotten!
| Response from Dr. Pierone
There is a medication called prosaptide that just entered clinical trials for HIV-associated neuropathy and may be promising. Here is a link to a news release on it. We are involved with this study but have not enrolled anyone yet because it is a fairly restrictive study protocol.
This area is one of intense research interest since it is a huge problem in HIV medicine. Actually, it is a major problem in medicine due to increased incidence of diabetes and the aging of our population.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Men Get Genital Warts Around Their Anus?
- Can Vaginal Prolapse Cause Low Back Pain?
- I Have A Bump Under My Skin On My Vagina Is It A Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.