you covered FTC something about Lacitc acidosis?

Dr. Pierone,

Maybe I am incorrect but you did an article something about the effects of FTC and the liver. I apologize if I am incorrect but I am not doctor. Do you think this drug is safer than other drugs that can before it, what is the evidence?

Humuard

Here is the link for the report from the Paris meeting on FTC (emtricitabine, Emtriva). This medication is similar to 3TC (Epivir) but has a longer half life in the blood which is an advantage. This report suggests that it may be safer, but is by no means a definitive study and Epivir is probably the safest HIV medication that we have.

FTC will likely be used together with tenofovir (Viread) for most people. Eventually there will be a pill that contains FTC and Viread together for once daily use. I think that this medication is an important addition to the HIV treatment portfolio.

watching my wasting face, makes me want to put a gun to my head
next new med?