s-1360 go on or failed?

Dr. Pierone,

s-1360 a winner or failed?

Integrase Inhibitor: S-1360 S-1360 is a diketo acid being developed by Shinogi Pharmaceuticals and GlaxoSmithKline. Preliminary data from early preclinical and clinical studies were reported at the 2002 Retrovirus conference and at the XIV International AIDS Conference in Barcelona. According to in vitro data reported at the Seattle meeting, S-1360 is synergistic with all of the available antiretrovirals and has potency that is on a par with lamivudine. In animal models, S-1360 was found to be 70 to 80 bio-available and had a half-life ranging from one to two hours. As for clinical data, 18 HIV-negative study volunteers received single doses of S-1360. In all 18 people, the plasma half-life ranged from 7.7 to 16 hours, meaning that once-daily dosing is possible. Phase I and II studies of S-1360, in HIV-infected people, are under way.

Unfortunately it failed and is no longer being developed.

AMD-070
watching my wasting face, makes me want to put a gun to my head