hiv-2 clinical trials? any hope?

Dr. Pierone,

I live in the US and am looking for an hiv-2 clinical trial? I am wondering are there any and where to go? I have read that even if treatments are effective somewhat against hiv-2, that is hiv-1 medications, they have no evidence to suggest that this is no a lethal disease since the drugs are made for hiv-2? I need help. Please advise.

Thanks

Hiv-2 lady

I am not aware of HIV-2 trials in the U.S. This remains such a rare disease here that I think it would be hard to find patients to enroll. HIV-2 does respond to the currently available medications (not NNRTIs though) so if treatment is necessary it should be effective.

t-20 against hiv-2?
Tipranavirl