when will we all be able to stop therapy and feel safe?

Dr. Young,

I'm concerned about the long term side effects of these meds I am taking as I feel many others share my fear.

What I am wondering if there any substance in the pipeline that would allow me to inject keep my t cells up and go on a break of therapy for like at least a couple years?

Concerned Patient

Nothing out there that I'm aware of..

HIV will usually cause a slow decline in CD4 cells if you're off therapy. The idea of taking breaks from therapy is gaining limited support, if the number of studies presented at this week's European AIDS Conference would suggest.

There are studies ongoing to look at the safety of stopping, and in short, those who do best (and stay off longest) are persons with higher CD4 cell counts who started thearpy earlier; and those who had lower baseline viral loads. BY

sleep aids with meds
forgot to add previous question