How do I tell my mother

I was tested HIV positive in September 2003. I am so terrified about telling my mother. I think it will devastate her and two weeks ago she learned that she has diabetes. So I'm afraid that hearing this will affect her.

I feel like she may feel disappointed and deeply hurt. I am very worried about her more than myself. What should I do? Tell her or wait untill I have accepted that I am HIV + and living positively. Thanks. South Africa

It is often very difficult to disclose one's HIV status to another person. It is also difficult for anyone who does not know you and your mother well to give you the advice you request.

I suggest you try and discuss this with someone you trust who knows you and your family. They may provide the insight you need. If this is not possible, follow your heart/intuition. Good luck

Adding Meds to Treatment Protocol
sleep aids with meds