|wasting drug of preference?
Oct 30, 2003
Godsend to you for all your efforts to this site. Now, which is your wasting drug of preference to combat hiv disease?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Thanks for your kind words.
Back in the day, I was a big user of appetite stimulants. I used dronabinol (Marinol) often and to a lesser extent megestrol acetate (Megace). Data do exist for thalidomide and anabolic steroids.
Of course, now the best therapy for wasting syndrome is effective HIV therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Does Gonorrhea Cause Cervical Cancer?
- Effects Of Chlamydia In Women
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.