I'm afraid of meds!

I am treatment-naiive and I recently sobered up after having spent about 18 months using crsytal meth and other drugs. I tested positive 7 years ago and my T-cell counts have always been above 650/20 and my viral load has averaged about 5,000. I started seeing the doc again about 6 months ago and my 3 labs results show T-cells at 1) 200/10 2) 200/13 3) 195/10 (I had a cold when I gave this blood sample) and my viral load is still under 30,000. I am petrified of meds because I get side effects from even the weakest OTC drugs and I can't imagine what I might get as a result of a treatment combo. My doc firmyl belives I should start the meds ASAP, but I was so healthy for so long without meds that I have an idea in my mind that I can get back there again if I try harder. I know I personally caused all this damage with my careless drug use, but my instinct tells me to wait at least another year before starting meds, as I want to see if I can raise my counts and avoid the meds for a while longer. Do you have any suggestions on immune restoration for an ex-drug user who thinks he can repair some of the damage? Am I just dreaming? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Dear dreamer:

Best advice is not to believe in snake oil claims of cure and find the best antiretroviral medications that you can tolerate. With a CD4 count of 200, you have AIDS. It's cliche, but AIDS (not side effects, except in very, very rare cases) kills or injures. To think to the contrary puts you at even greater risk of life-threatening complications and paradoxically probably increases your risk of having side effects from medications.

Newer medications can be very simple to take and extremely well tolerated.

Good luck and thanks for reading. BY

wasting face, help
Low T-cell Count