Oct 28, 2003
Hi, doc. I red your answer for "Regimen Change", posted Sep 1, 2003, and would like to know what "a very low genetic barrier" means, in respect to NNRTI drug class. Best regards and thank you very much for your attention.
Response from Dr. Boyle
Basically it means that one mutation by the virus can lead to significant resistance
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Through Nail Cut Fingering
- Which Is Worse Herpes Or Syphilis?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Is The Treatment For Hair Loss From Syphilis?
- What Does A Herpes Rash Look Like?
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.