life expectancy hiv 2 vs. hiv 1
Oct 22, 2003
Is there any difference realistically for life expectancy differences for hiv 2 vs. hiv 1?
Response from Dr. Young
Untreated, persons with HIV-2 tend to have a much slower disease progression than those infected with HIV-1.
It's difficult for me to predict life expectancy for those with HIV-2 since, I'm not aware of any large studies that report this information. As you're aware, those with HIV-1 who have access to care and medications have excellent life expectancy. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Chlorine Cause A Vaginal Discharge?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
- What Parts Of The Body Are Affected By Hepatitis?
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking On A Womans Breasts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.