Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Over the counter meds for CMV?
Oct 21, 2003

Hey Dr. I had sex with a girlfriend in early August. We tested Negative (She was probably still in the window period), but I know I have HIV because I have CMV. I haven't yet gone to the doctor to get tested for CMV, but I know I have it because I have floaters which drift in and out of my eyes when I move them. I thought they were from sleeping with contacts but after reading this site I learned otherwise. Anyway, because of my and my gf's negative tests my Dr. won't prescribe any meds. Is there an over the counter way to limit the power of CMV and neuropathy? Please if there is a dietary supplement or something that might help I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to die of CMV. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Pierone

Sounds like you have made some fairly bold associative leaps regarding your health. Let's see - eye floaters proves CMV, CMV proves HIV, and HIV/CMV combo leads to early death. Why not take a step back, see an eye doctor and get your floaters checked out. In the meanwhile stop sleeping with your contacts in, don't you read the labels on those things?

Previous
Odds of Severe Side Effects vs. Odds of Developing OIs
Next
Dr. Pierone, what do you advise please.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.