Group N infection treatment options
Oct 21, 2003
I was infected with hiv type N during a trip to Central Africa after getting into a heated sexual encounter. I am confused however which drugs to use to treat this type of hiv, are they different from treating current other hiv 1 type therapies? Thanks.
Mr. Crying Man
Response from Dr. Pierone
Mr. Crying Man, group N infection has only been reported in 5 Cameroonian patients. This would make you a member of a very select club. For group O infection and HIV-2 protease inhibitor-based therapy is best because of inherent resistance to non-nukes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Wear Condom Can You Still Get Hiv?
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- Will Any Antibiotic Cure Syphilis?
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Don't Get Treatment?
- What Pathogen Causes Genital Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.