|Group N infection treatment options
Oct 21, 2003
I was infected with hiv type N during a trip to Central Africa after getting into a heated sexual encounter. I am confused however which drugs to use to treat this type of hiv, are they different from treating current other hiv 1 type therapies? Thanks.
Mr. Crying Man
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Mr. Crying Man, group N infection has only been reported in 5 Cameroonian patients. This would make you a member of a very select club. For group O infection and HIV-2 protease inhibitor-based therapy is best because of inherent resistance to non-nukes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers A Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.