Group N infection treatment options
Oct 21, 2003
I was infected with hiv type N during a trip to Central Africa after getting into a heated sexual encounter. I am confused however which drugs to use to treat this type of hiv, are they different from treating current other hiv 1 type therapies? Thanks.
Mr. Crying Man
Response from Dr. Pierone
Mr. Crying Man, group N infection has only been reported in 5 Cameroonian patients. This would make you a member of a very select club. For group O infection and HIV-2 protease inhibitor-based therapy is best because of inherent resistance to non-nukes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can Cause A False Positive Hpv Test?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- Ways Of Passing Hpv To Children
- Things Mistaken For Genital Warts
- Syphilis From A Foot Massage
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.