Oct 20, 2003
Whats the prognosis of someone with hiv/aids how long will i likely live i am treatment naive.
Response from Dr. Pierone
I think that the prognosis is quite good. People with HIV can live a normal or near-normal life span as long as they can adhere to a regimen on a long term basis. The typical HIV medication regimen involves 3 different medications (a few pills) once or twice a day. Side effects are manageable, and many persons can defer treatment until CD4 counts drop below 350 (or maybe lower)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- Chills After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.