Paying for meds

I may be starting meds within the next 6 months looking at my falling CD4. I will be going back to school to become an RN in January and may not be working. My question is....where are the best resources for me to try to get meds without having any type of insurance to pay for them? This really concerns me. I currently live in NC. Thanks so much!

Thanks for your question.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I'd advise you to look at the other posts today about getting financial support for medications. In short, there are a variety of programs to access care.

Unfortunately, because you live in North Carolina, the ADAP program is relatively underfunded, and at my last understanding, there is a wait list to get medications. Upsetting? This should be. Know that funding has been under recent review by the US Senate-- indeed, your Sen. Edwards failed to even show up for the vote that might have increased ADAP funding.

I'd advise you to talk to your doctor about options and programs. Consider any one of a variety of clinical studies that might provide medications and be of considerable atruistic benefit too.

Good luck, BY

Make only 12,000 a year, how can i afford meds?
about starting