dr. wohl, where are you???

it is not merely a stunt that proves nothing. we know that primary infection with hiv can bring on ars. if the non-believing "worried well's" blood were injected into a healthy person, and that person came down with symptoms indicative of HIV infection several weeks later, it may suggest there is an infectious agent going under the radar that can cause early immune damage comparable to that of HIV. It just seems like such an easy way to put an argument to rest. i hate to sound like this, but you doctors are so set in your beliefs, you don't even want to challenge anything anymore. It is really quite discouraging. If you wouldn't carry out this experiment because you would have reservations about whether or not the tests were as accurate as mainstream medical science has you believe, and you're not willing to bet with your life, just say so. What frustrates people is when doctors worm their way out of challenges like this. I'm not trying to use "haha you're chicken" rhetoric to bait you into accepting this challenge. It is just hurtful and discouraging that after all the stock you put in the tests, that you would not accept them as the true final word when your own life is on the line. well what about my wife's life being on the line? how am i to ever sleep with her unprotected again, knowing the possibility that she may come down with ars several weeks later the way my mistress (girl on the side) did - the night sweats, diarrhea, marked and rapid drop in weight in such a short period of time, and the general feeling that she was drugged up all the time - the same exact feeling and symptoms i myself had several weeks after my own other extramarital episode. a cute answer would be that we should both stop taking the drugs that make us feel like we're drugged up. try again - we both lead extremely healthy lives. these cases are not that uncommon my friend. i know a "worried well" when i see one and i know someone with chronic yucked up health for no apparent reason stemming from an acute symptomatic syndrome following certain risky behaviors. You guys don't know what you're dealing with. trust me. the people in these cases fit perfectly the hiv profile from the risks, to the acute symptoms, to the chronic sickness, even to the increaseing infections. the only difference i see is that although these people have low t cells, and therefore low cd4 counts, they don't show low cd4 percentages. write all this crap down, this is first hand research. do yourself a favor and fight the urge to smirk arrogantly, or pity me for my so-called hypochandriatic tendencies, and lump me into some ww category of people who are harmless to their loved ones - if i can get it and i can give it, and nobody gives a shit about preventing it, it is as serious a problem as any for the future generation. so if you think my proposal is merely a stunt that proves nothing, think again. please, i BEG you, have the guts as a doctor dedicated to the truth, to swear on your life - literally - that i cannot infect my wife with anything, because there is nothing to infect her with. this is the only way you can truly swear on your life. the easiest way for an atheist to prove he is truly an atheist, is to challenge god to strike him down. if he is too afraid to do that, how can he truly be an atheist? not a perfect analogy, but i hope you see the connection.

Listen, you are posting to people like me who work every day with people with HIV - the real thing - a virus that does not hide, that is easy to diagnose and that is ravaging the lives of 40 million people on this planet.

You want someone to find a new desease? You are at the wrong site. This is a place where people with Human Immunodeficiency Virus come to learn more about "Starting HIV Therapies".

I wish I could tell you what was wrong with you but I can't and sharing your blood won't provide you with the answer. As I have posted several times before, the NIH is interested in studying people who have OBJECTIVE evidence of immunodeficiency but without HIV or another cause.

If you were a completely healthy person with a stack of test results indicating you are not infected with HIV; hepatitis B, hepatitis C or other viral hepatitis; sypillis; tuberculosis; SARS; Ebola and related agents; tuleremia; bartonella; Coxiella etc... I still would not inject your blood into me or anyone else. However, if I was your doctor, I might actually look at all of these (and the many other diseases that can be listed and that could be responsible for your symptoms). One by one I would rule each out until we came up with the culprit or a medical mystery that would justify a call to Bethesda. DW

New drug Tipranavir
When to start treatment