Entitlement eligibilities

I'm HIV (+)and on meds, but my CD4 count never exceeds 500, and my VL is undetectable. The problem I'm having is, since being diagnosed I suffer with bad bouts of neuropathy. My doctor prescribed Neurotin, but it does nothing for it. The pain strikes me ususally at night at bedtime, and usually I'm awakened throughtou the night because of the pain. If that's not enough to deal with, since being diagnosed in 1998, I've been experiencing Panic Attacks caused by anxiety disorders which occur on daily basis. I've worked all my life, and would like to continue, but I'm so overwhelmed with the neuropathy and the anxiety that I've become depressed, and think that maybe I should leave work and try my best to get myself together. Would I be eligible to receive entitlements? What are the qualifications for eligibility?

I think that these area very difficult areas to answer from a web-based forum.

Both neuropathy and anxiety disorder, if severe enough, can warrant and support an application for disability. I would advise you to talk to your physician(s) about the specifics and the severity of your case.

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

beating a dead horse
chinese medicine