Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Entitlement eligibilities
Oct 15, 2003

I'm HIV (+)and on meds, but my CD4 count never exceeds 500, and my VL is undetectable. The problem I'm having is, since being diagnosed I suffer with bad bouts of neuropathy. My doctor prescribed Neurotin, but it does nothing for it. The pain strikes me ususally at night at bedtime, and usually I'm awakened throughtou the night because of the pain. If that's not enough to deal with, since being diagnosed in 1998, I've been experiencing Panic Attacks caused by anxiety disorders which occur on daily basis. I've worked all my life, and would like to continue, but I'm so overwhelmed with the neuropathy and the anxiety that I've become depressed, and think that maybe I should leave work and try my best to get myself together. Would I be eligible to receive entitlements? What are the qualifications for eligibility?

Response from Dr. Young

I think that these area very difficult areas to answer from a web-based forum.

Both neuropathy and anxiety disorder, if severe enough, can warrant and support an application for disability. I would advise you to talk to your physician(s) about the specifics and the severity of your case.

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

Previous
beating a dead horse
Next
chinese medicine

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.