8 Year Old - HIV Positive?

Hi there, I have adopted a little girl of 8. We just found out that she is HIV positive. I had tests done and the results were: CD COUNT was 900 VIRAL LOAD was 14000 HP was 1.8

Could you please explain what these mean and when does one put her on medication? What do I do in the meantime - from foods etc...

Thanking you Monica

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.

There's so much to cover-- really too much for this brief note. I'd advise you to spend time checking out TheBody's site and other questions on the forums.

In brief, these numbers reflect that your daughter is immunologically healthy, with a normal CD4 cell count. Her HIV viral load is actually on the low side of average, and would indicate that her risk of disease progression (to AIDS) will be slower than average.

It's not likely that your daughter will require medicdations any time in the near future, and in the meantime, make sure that she gets the usual set of vaccinations and good diet-- but actually nothing special. That said, effective care and therapies can dramatically improve both short-term and long-term health and prognosis. Please try to locate a pediatric HIV/AIDS specialist in your region-- she or he can provide the best counsel about care. Also look into support groups and service organizations-- this can be a tremendous sourse of help.

Good luck, stay in touch. BY

medical marijuana as treatment
ANY CURE IN TEN YEARS