Legs don't work properly

Dr. Young, HIV infected for 16 months. Treatment naive. CD 4/CD8 ratio is .9, CD4 percent is 30, CD4 numbers are 900 currently. Virus undetectable currently by bDNA and Roche 1.5.

My legs are however like lead - they do not respond well when I walk. They also get numb and very hot on some occasions. MY ID doctor sent me to a neurologist, but I passed his tests.

Have you seen these symptoms before in HIV patients? Could it mean that the virus is in my central nervous system? Could it be re-activated CMV or some other virus? I have high IgG for CMV, but IgM is normal range on the one occasion when it was tested. Could it be the heart?

I would appreciate your advice here - what could it be and what tests would you do?

Sorry to hear of your symptoms.

It appears to me that you have early HIV disease and as best we can measure, a healthy immune system. This is why your symptoms are so puzzling-- It's pretty unusual to see CMV disease in persons with your CD4 count, and I have difficulty in assessing cardiac disease on the limited information that we can review in this format.

I would encourage you to continue to get evaluations by your doctor, stay with it-- if something isn't right, sometimes time is the best aid to diagnosis (and therefore, treatment). BY

Scared with pre-existing psoriasis and recently hiv infection
pain in ankles