seeking HIV2 specialist
Oct 9, 2003
I am desperately seeking an HIV-2 specialist physician, or at least one who has expertise with it. Do you have any recommendations for me? Do you treat much HIV2? I really am desperate.
PS - have there been any recent advances in the treatment of HIV2?
Response from Dr. Pierone
There are no specialists in HIV-2 in the States that I am know of and I am not sure about Europe. There are actually not many treatment studies reported on HIV-2. The one key point in treating HIV-2 is the importance of using a protease inhibitor-based regimen because of viral resistance to non-nucleosides (nevirapine, efavirerenz). Good luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.