|seeking HIV2 specialist
Oct 9, 2003
I am desperately seeking an HIV-2 specialist physician, or at least one who has expertise with it. Do you have any recommendations for me? Do you treat much HIV2? I really am desperate.
PS - have there been any recent advances in the treatment of HIV2?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
There are no specialists in HIV-2 in the States that I am know of and I am not sure about Europe. There are actually not many treatment studies reported on HIV-2. The one key point in treating HIV-2 is the importance of using a protease inhibitor-based regimen because of viral resistance to non-nucleosides (nevirapine, efavirerenz). Good luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv From Having Your Nipples Sucked?
- What Does It Mean When Hiv Is Lying Dormant In Your Body?
- Why Do I Have Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Why Do I Get Shingles Even After I Have Had The Vaccination?
- What Percentage Of People With Hpv Get Genital Warts?
- What Is The Difference Between Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.