The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

seeking HIV2 specialist

Oct 9, 2003

Dear Dr.

I am desperately seeking an HIV-2 specialist physician, or at least one who has expertise with it. Do you have any recommendations for me? Do you treat much HIV2? I really am desperate.

PS - have there been any recent advances in the treatment of HIV2?

Response from Dr. Pierone

There are no specialists in HIV-2 in the States that I am know of and I am not sure about Europe. There are actually not many treatment studies reported on HIV-2. The one key point in treating HIV-2 is the importance of using a protease inhibitor-based regimen because of viral resistance to non-nucleosides (nevirapine, efavirerenz). Good luck!

Lipoatrophy, Face, HGH , Avandia
Searching for HIV2 specialist

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint