backburning

I have been experiencing a burning sensation in my mid to upper back that is at times really uncomfortable. My cd4 and viral load are OK for now. I have not yet seroconverted and am not taking meds. I do have lymph nodes pain in my groin and throat. What could it be and is this a symptom which indicate that I might have to start medication soon? thank you in advance

Are you infected with HIV? Are you in the midst of acute infection as evidenced by a detectable HIV viral load?

If you are seroconverting, a process that does not take very long, this problem should not be longstanding. Burining in the back (between the shoulder blades) can occassionally be a sign of gastritis or early stomach ulcer although I'd expect some heartburn as well.

This symptom should not dictate whether you start HIV meds. IF you are infected and yet to seroconvert, there are data that HIV therapy may be beneficial. DW

whoops, wrong link
What happens when you are taken off short term meds?