re: proposition

It doesn't really miss the point because immune dysfunction is only contagious in cases where it is the result of a known transmissible agent. Test the patient for all possible transmissible agents and if what they actually have is NOT the result of one of these agents (as is promised by the experts here), there should be no problem sharing their blood with healthy people. After all, one cannot transmit nor contract immune dysfunction, but rather, the agents that CAUSE immune dysfunction, right?

Would I allow myself to be transfused with blood from HIV negative 'worried well'? As there is nothing preventing them from donating blood, if I ever need a transfusion I very well may be doing just that and I have no problem with that.

And, if I were single and I encountered a particularly attractive and alluring HIV negative worried well, I just might even consent to share other body fluids - all in the name of science! DW

sustiva resistance in first line treatment
the virus