Wohl, I gotta proposition for ya

ok so you "experts" claim that there is no way someone can be infected with hiv and still test negative for over a year after infection (negative on all possible hiv assays). well if your diagnostic methods are so fool proof, would you inject one of these worried well's blood samples into your own vein? Assuming all other STI's were tested for and turned up totally free of all known infections of viruses and bacteria, fungi, everything. Would you agree to place one of these worried well's in a facility that didn't allow him to leave (and possibly get exposed during the study) and monitor him for 6 months, all the while testing him negative for all known viruses. Would you inject his blood into your vein at the end of this scientific experiment? I would think if you place so much stock in these tests, than you would do this (if it were possible to fund) without hesitation.

Interesting question but it misses the point. I don't think anyone on this forum is saying that there is nothing wrong with people who have objective (I would underline the previous word if I could) signs of immune dysfunction. Rather, what you read us say is that they do not have HIV, which they do not. DW

WHen should I see my CD4s rise after starting treatment?
Kaletra?