wasted gums guy - i just can't stop

can you imagine my frustration? you're telling me to go see a dentist, and a doctor, for two different things that are more than likely related (since they ocurred within the same week of illness). the dentist will tell me i have slight gum recession, anf the doctor will tell me to eat. or he'll not believe i have lost any body mass. how can i prove it? i can't. only the testomonies of family and friends can somewhat prove these things took place in one week. why wouldn't the dentist and doctor work together to find what it is that caused this to happen at the same time? has medicine reduced itself to exclusive independent private little businesses that have nothing to do with one another? i lost considerable mass in my body, face and in my mouth (gums). am i crazy for seeing a connection, or are you guys crazy for splitting this up into two different unrelated diagnoses?

Response from Dr. Boyle

I understand your frustration but I am sure that you understand that since I have never actually seen you my ability to make a diagnosis and tell you what I think is limited. I think going to one or both of these doctors will help you to sort out what's going on and then, hopefully, give you some ideas about what to do about it.

important for you to know
boyle, keep'em comin'