I Am Devastated and Lost

Hello Dr.,

I am sure that you heard this tons of times, but today...I found that I am HIV+. I am in tears. I am lost and I don't know what to do. I couldn't tell you what is next, if I need treatments, I just don't know. I am trying my best to avoid the depression, but there is literally no one that I can turn to. Please help. I just want to know what I have to do. I just want this to go away.

You need to get help. You can start by going to teh clinic where you were tested and asking for a referral to a counselor, AIDS Service Organization, support group etc. If you live in the US, you should try to call the National AIDS Hotline 1.800.232.4636 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) for resources. Use the internet. Search HIV + your city and look for support. Look at this state-by-state guide: http://www.thebody.com/hotlines/other.html.

You also need to talk to your doctor. IF you do not have an HIV doctor, get one. You are not alone! DW

Seroconverting for 2 months?
new drugs soon or promising in research lately?