UTI/Kidney infection??

The doctors sent my urine away for culture and it came back with a mild urinary tract infection. They prescribed me Bactrum. I was just wondering if the culture that they ran would show if i had a kidney infection. My mom and grandpa have had them all there life. Recently i have experienced a dull ache in my right side and back. Doctor said it was prob from the UTI? i am just curious what you think? And would Bactrum cure a kidney infection?

The diagnosis of kidney infection is made on the basis of having white blood cells (and bacteria) in the urine and, importantly, by the appropriate clinical signs and symptoms-- like flank pain and fever.

Having an abnormal urinalysis is not sufficient to make the diagnosis of kidney infection, though.

You've not told us enough to know about the bacteria that is causing your infection, but if the bacteria is sensitive to Bactrim, this antibiotic should suffice to treat the infection in most circumstances. BY

hiv medication kill body??need reply
Immediate Med change