hiv medication kill body??need reply

Dear Doctor, I am female,24 years old,a Chinese woman.In Aug.last year I had an unprotected sex and after that experienced all hiv symptoms untill now,negative ELISA and negative WB for 1 year untill now, but regarding my lasting hiv symptoms,then doc asked me to get a viral load test,to my surprise,the doc told me the copies is several thousands and inform me to get cure....it scare me! another,in China if a person is infected HIV then he only can get HIV cure from CDC,and the medication the CDC offer are very bad(very old hiv medication so have more side effects),the worse thing is the CDC docs even told me some people had died for HIV medication side effects----it make me lose all living hope and neally want to suicide because I know in China there is no good HIV expert and no good HIV medication,so I can't see any hope in my case.... Doc,pls tell me if the old hiv medication have more side effect and will kill my body fastly?In China because the government doesn't emphasize HIV prevetion and AIDS cure,many people here die for AIDS due to lacking of in time cure and good medication,moreover,Chinese government doesn't import good hiv medication from other countries....all bad factors are here,my life has been very hard with HIV,could you give me some info if I can get some correct HIV cure from some world group such as WHO or other medicial group? hope to get useful guide from you......thanks.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

A positive viral load is highly suggestive (with a negative antibody test) is diagnostic of acute HIV infection. I usually like to confirm this test, given the significance of the diagnosis.

I wonder if there might be a language issue-- there is no cure for HIV-- there are definitely treatments that many of us here in the US think are of significant benefit for those who start during acute infection (before the antibody test is fully positive).

"Medications from the CDC" I'll assume refer to Western medications for HIV-- antiretroviral drugs. These medications are not very bad-- indeed, if you spend just a little time reading testimonials from patients on these "very bad" medications on this forum, you'll find that they can be very well tolerated, simple to take (as simple as three pills a day, taken once or twice daily). Your doctors assertions to me (a 5th generation Chinese-American, by the way), confirm to me that there might not be very experienced HIV doctors in your region of China.

I do know that there are increasing efforts to bring education, training and medications for HIV to China, though I can't speak to specifics. One place to try might be the International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care (www.iapac.org).

Good luck, BY

ELISA turned positive - could I be a late seroconverter?
UTI/Kidney infection??