ELISA turned positive - could I be a late seroconverter?

Dr. Young,

I think the post that yours is an amazing forum is very true. And, of all the great doctors on the body.com, you are the one who responds fastest to questions. Thank you for that!

I have a question and hope you don't mind a slight diversion from the focus of your forum:

I had a high risk HIV exposure and symptoms 10 days later. Negative ELISA's at 3 and 6 months. Due to continued symptoms, had another ELISA at 9 months - it was positive, but the Western Blot and a bDNA at 9 months were negative. A Roche 1.5 at 10 months was negative.

My CD4 percentage is way down (just below normal from its high of 43), my CD4/CD8 ratio inverted due to very high elevation of CD8's and symptoms still bad. CD4's comfortable in normal range, though they porpoise up and down by hundreds of cells in differenet T cell subsets.

My question is this: could the now positive ELISA at 9 months be a trend (could I finally be seroconverting?) and would you recommend retesting at 12 months? Or should I just accept that the negative Western blot at 9 months makes this a negative test result and that I had a negative bDNA test and move on (stop HIV testing)?

Also, can you give some examples of non HIV diseases that cause high elevations in CD8 cells and viral like symptoms? (CMV? Anything else?).

Many thanks - I hope to hear from you.

Stop testing-- the ELISA is used as a screening test only-- if the Western blot and bDNA were negative at 9 months, you don't have HIV. BY

Re: Lawsuit
hiv medication kill body??need reply