Life Expectancy for children and babies (hard question)

It is very encouraging to read your views on life expectancy of recently infected adults, Is it true for children and babies as well? Are they different from adults regarding the effectiveness of treatments?

Thank you for your time

I would like to think that the life expectancy for persons infected with HIV as children are near normal. Clearly, the total life time for these persons would be longer than those infected as, say, age 30. This prediction gets to be on less sure ground, because of this limitation.

Suffice to say, that I am now "inheriting" from my pediatric colleagues, young adults who were infected as children. These persons are living well and healthy and I would expect that their prognosis is very, very good. BY

RNAi future?
Your forum is amazing!