|one last one on WASTED GUMS
Sep 26, 2003
Ok last question of gums and wasting:
If a patient reports unexplained weight loss and visible shrinkage of the body (not height - just mass) and simultaneously notices recession of the gums around the teeth - all in a matter of a few days, and in the absence of diarrhea, what would be your suspicion? If blood work showed nothing, would you have to assume this is body-dysmorphia?
| Response from Dr. Boyle
No, if all this occurred in a few days I would not. Body shape changes occur overf month and years, not days. You should see your doctor or a dentist for an evaluation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Touching Spit Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Abnormal Cells In A Pap Test.
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.