thanks Dr Young

Dr. Young:

Thanks for all your help. I really wish I could find a doctor here in San Diego who seemd to care as much as you and was as knowledgable. I am now with the 3rd of the so called HIV specialists here and have not been impressed. They seem to be in a rush--this when dealing with such important questions. And mistakes have been made in ordering blood tests, etc. For instance, my last doctor did not order a resistance test though he agreed to--but later denied saying he would and claimed it would not be effective anyway after 6 months. It really scares me. On the other hand, I am amazed that you have so many patients and yet still have time to quickly respond to questions like mine. You must be really dedicated (and maybe a workaholic:))). Well thanks again Kevin

PS. I am not going to be on kaletra long term--only until counts improve and then we will substitute a non-nuke. I understand that this will not affect my ability to go back on kaletra later, if I must.

Kevin-

Thanks for your warm comments... My wife would accuse me as a workaholic, but balance to life and work and play is very important. I'd add that balance between medical issues ahd enjoying the rest of life is difficult in our community.

San Diego has some excellent HIV care facilities. In order not to reveal too many biases, I'd contact your local AIDS service organizations for the inside scoop.

You're right about the Kaletra and switch to NNRTIs or back too.

Good luck.. BY

starting today
Lawsuit