Kaletra Monotherapy

At the recent The 43rd ICAAC Kaletra "monotherapy" was brought up.(Kaletra "Monotherapy" Safe and Efficacious for Treatment-Naive Patients (Poster H-845) Coverage by Gerald Pierone, Jr., M.D.)) I am aware that this was all the "buzz" at the conference and I wanted to discuss this option with my Doctor... What do you think of this approach? Does it work? Too early to say? Do you think that this is the next new "wave" in HIV management? Sorry... but I'm a bit excited. Thanks!

There was a lot of interest in this study by Dr. Gathe at the meeting. Although very impressive, these results are preliminary and need to be verified with additional studies. Our team is doing some Kaletra monotherapy studies and we will be presenting our findings at the European AIDS Conference in October. Other studies are underway and within the next year I think we will have a better sense of the potential for this approach. This treatment is not ready for "prime time" and should really be done in the context of clinical trials until more is known. If this strategy is supported by longer term data and more studies it has the potential to favorably impact HIV management by reducing cost and toxicity of antiretroviral therapy. Stay tuned.

Kaletra monotherapy ICAAC

It is true
This can be dangerous