The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

starting treatment without a positive test

Sep 20, 2003

Dear David: You have answered me before and I know this sounds like a dumb question but here goes.

I am 14 months out from an my only possible exposure in July 2002. Multiple HIV Tests negative for a year. and here are my symptoms.

I had a very severe ARS and the symptoms did not go away.

Current symptoms: sore throat that has never gone away. dirreah, tingling in hands and feet,fungal infection in skin fold of stomach,burning mouth, watery burning eyes,cracks on the corners of my lips,skin and nail changes, weight gain in stomach area, extreame stomach bloating,foamy urine and fatigue, Cd4 count has averaged in the 600's. Everthing else has been ruled out. I think a trial of HIV drugs might make sense. But I don't think anyone would perscribe them. I live in Atlanta and all of the infectous disease docs just say "no HIV hit he bricks" Can you reccomend anybody to see me, I will come to N.carolina if needed. Please help.

Man without a diagnosis.

Response from Dr. Wohl

Sorry. I agree with the doctors you have seen. You have myriad symptoms that combine those seen with longstanding advanced HIV infection and those associated with HIV therapies. This does not sound like HIV.

I recommend abandoning this diagnosis so that others may be entertained. DW

Visible Side Affects
i am very afraid.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint