What do you think?

First, thanks for everything. You guys have been invaluable to me since I got diagnosed. Please keep doing what youre doing and know that you are very much appreciated. Id hug you all if we werent so far apart.

On to my question I started meds last night. My Dr. prescribed Sustiva, Viread, and Epivir all once daily. Im not resistant to anything and my last CD4 was 280 and VL was 256K. What do you think of these three meds for my first line of treatment?

By the way, the first night wasnt bad at all. I felt a little drugged and had some great dreams and thats about it. I woke up to my dog sitting on my chest staring at me and my partner holding my hand and snoring (just another morning).

Boston.

The combination of tenofovir/3TC/efavirenz is a well studied, state of the art regimen. The potency and tolerability have been well described in the two year analysis of the Gilead 903 clinical trial; the pill count and once-daily potential for this regimen obviously are strongly favorable.

Thanks for giving our readers some feedback on the first day of symptoms- there is so much apprehension about starting that hearing from persons like you who have had little in the way of side effects should be very reassuring to them.

Good luck and long health. BY

resistance as a treatment option
Starting HAART after 17 years