|HIV couple having children
Sep 20, 2003
Can a couple who are infected by hiv give birth to a virus free child? I ask you many questions,you are giving answers for few why?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
We are behind on questions, but catching up. Couples that are HIV positive can have children that are HIV negative. Mothers may transmit the virus to the infant, but taking antiretroviral medication lowers the rate of transmission to about 1%. Your doctor can go over the pros and cons of having children with you. Good luck.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Transmission Insertive Anal Sex
- HIV Transmission Open Wound
- HIV Transmission Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom And Negative HIV Test
- Is It Possible To Get AIDS From Oral Sex Form Sex Worker?
- Lap Dance How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.