Adding Viracept to Combivir/Sustiva ??

Hi, I started treatment lasy year with CD4=260, VL=6900. My initial therapy was Zerit/Videx EC/Sustiva. This worked great, VL=<50 and CD4 climbed to 350. In the 4th month I developed neuropathy and had to stop treatment. 4 weeks later, my doctor switched me to Combivir/Sustiva. At 3 months on this therapy, my VL=500 and CD4=375. At 6 months, VL=275, CD4=375. My doctor wants to add Viracept to the Combivir/Sustiva. Is this a good move ? I'm worried about potential side effects of being on 4 medications at once. Would it be a bad idea to give the Combivir/Sustiva alone another 3 months to check the VL? or should I not "mess around".. Thanks for any ideas. I guess I just need a second opinion here.

In this situation you have other reasonable options. First is to simply stay on your current regimen and if viral load goes up have a genotype resistance test done and adjust therapy based on the result. Another option is to intensify with tenofovir (Viread) instead of Viracept. This is one pill a day instead of 10 a day and has fewer side effects.

Leaving the country, just when I found out I'm positive...
what to expect at the beginning?