Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

welcome to my home
Sep 20, 2003

doctor still iam not able to concentrate on my work as well as mix with people normal . some where inside iam feeling everything is lost and i may die in the coming few years and the thought makes me to cry .

doctor if ifollow good life styles and meds without fail and no bad habits like smoking drinking unsafe sex etc will i lost healthly for next 20 years . without really going into aids condition and normal life .

doctor why iask these doubts again and again i dont want to make my kids and wife orphans whom ilove so much and with my my new status i realise how they love and wants me despertely . Atleast i want to ful fill my obligation as a good husband and father .

for their sake doctor iam ready to do any amount of sacrifice . I want to provide some good living and protection to them . sorry again for the repeat question . I look to meet both of you in india .

Response from Dr. Pierone

It is very common for the shock of a diagnosis of HIV infection to lead to worries about the impact of this condition on oneself and of course your loved ones. When worry becomes constant and days are filled with dread and anxiety this is clinical depression.

You should find a mental health counselor and should also discuss treatment with an antidepressant with your doctor. Medications like Prozac, Lexapro, or Paxil can be very helpful through this difficult period.

You long-term prognosis is excellent, but you health right now is being compromised by the anxiety and depression and this needs attention right away. Good luck!

Previous
How many pills per day to start
Next
Leaving the country, just when I found out I'm positive...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.