B 12 shortage

Just been told my B12 levels is right at 282. My Dr. says this is on the low side. He suggest B12 shots once a week for the next 3 weeks. I had a partial gastrectomy years ago. I had the first shot yesterday and its making me feel nauseated. Is this normal since having a shot doesn't that bypass the stomach?

Hello, it is unusual for a B12 injection to produce nausea. I would see what happens with the next injection and then decide. Some recent studies have shown the high dose oral B12 is often sufficient for replacement of B12 in persons with deficiency so this would be another alternative. Good luck.

What can I do to help?
To start or not, that is the question